Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wow, What a week!

What a hurried week it's been with so much going on and no time to get it all done.  I'm sure you've all been there!  Surprises around all corners, all week!  We had a wonderful group visit us from the beautiful water front community of Ocean Pines, Md.  I absolutely love it there!  Nice quite neighborhood, lots of pools, great yacht club and great golf course, if you're a golfer. (Yes, golf is on my "Bucket List")

Look, I caught Sharon off guard!  Funny!!!
Owner Maria Mayer, with friends who were visiting from Mexico City and Washington D.C. 

Imagine my surprise when I heard Kevin Fleming was in our gardens!  Whew, I ran as fast as I could for my cheap little Walmart camera.  Kevin Fleming is a local Delawarean who has photographed the "World".  You can read more about Kevin Fleming here   http://www.kevinfleming.com/about/ 
Mr Fleming spent the morning photographing the wildlife around Lavender Fields Farm.  I caught Mr Fleming here, photographing butterflies in one of our perrenial gardens.  The Crepe Mrytle in this garden is always filled with a huge varieties of butterflies.  I hope they're cooperating!

I thought it best to ask if I could take his pic, sadly, my camera is nothing compared to his and this is the best of the 20 or so shots I took. Kevin had his lovely assistant Autumn helping him throughout the day.  
I'm very excited to see what comes of the day Kevin Fleming spent at Lavender Fields Farm!  Hmmm...  maybe Lavender Fields Farm will be in an upcoming book?! 
Oh, and I've decided to start saving for a new camera, Mr Fleming said my camera was a tad bit slow! 
Hear from me soon!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment